Kohima District Task Force (DTF) on COVID-19 had a virtual meeting

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Kohima, 10th June 2021 (DIPR): Kohima District Task Force (DTF) on Covid-19 had a virtual meeting on 10th June 2021 under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner and Chairman DTF Kohima, Gregory Thejawelie, NCS.

Minister-in-charge for Kohima district, Minister PWD (Housing and Mechanical), Tongpang Ozukum along with State Nodal Officer for Kohima district & Secretary PHED, Kesonyü Yhome, IAS; CMO Kohima, Dr Vezokholu Theyo; MS NHAK, Dr. Sentimeren Aonok and other DTF members took part in the virtual meeting.

In compliance to the State Government’s decision on the extended lockdown for one more week till 18th June 2021 with all the existing lockdown measures to remain in force and some additional relaxations/ directives, the DTF decided to issue further lockdown measures to be implemented in the district.

On the request letter submitted by Kohima Hotel and Restaurant Union (KHRU), the DTF decided to allow for takeaway services, however 50% of in-house dining was not recommended for the time being.

The DTF also took up the issue on shortage of medical doctor in Tseminyu sub-division and decided to take up the matter in consultation with NHAK and CMO.

In regard to oxygen availability in the District, the DTF decided that the nominated district level Nodal Officer to take care of all oxygen related issues and to coordinate with the zonal depo and ensure the oxygen consumption and stock availability at all times to avoid situation in search of oxygen and also to project the oxygen requirement in the next 30 days.

On Oxygen Audit Committee constitution, Dr. Sentimeren informed that the committee was formulated as per the direction given by the Government. He also gave an update on the oxygen at NHAK where he informed that the oxygen generation plan has started and through the central pipeline oxygen has been supplied to the patients admitted in ICU and also in Covid ward.

During the meeting, DC informed the members that the medical team has been ramping up the vaccination drive across the District with 42 Covid Vaccination Centres from Monday to Friday and outreach session covering all the villages which has not been covered so far. It will also start in urban area from 11th June 2021 by CMO team and vaccination team reaching all eligible beneficiaries, DC said and hoped that with good response from the public, especially from the age group of 18-44 years.  Medical team has been putting in efforts to assess the prevailing of positive cases in the district by conducting sampling testing even in all sub-divisional level with district administration, village authority, police covering all the block levels. He also informed that Covid Care Centres have been set up at Botsa, Sechü Zubza and other blocks have also identified for the setting up of CCC and efforts were underway to assist with basic requirements to ensure 20 to 30 bedded functional at the earliest.

MS NHAK, Dr. Sentimeren Aonok also gave an update on Covid status at NHAK, where he informed that in the last one or two week, the number of asymptomatic cases has been gradually declining. He informed that currently 14 patients with mild symptomatic were admitted in Covid ward, and six in ICU where three were on ventilator. Dr. Sentimeren also informed that from their observation and clinical studies, all the patients admitted in ICU and deaths taken place were non vaccinated patients, which has resulted that vaccination plays an important role as far as the morbidity and mortality is concerned. Some positive patients coming with co-morbidity but vaccinated were found with mild symptoms who recovered faster than expected, he said and added that the DTF along with CMO conducting the ongoing vaccination drive was a positive way of tackling this illness.

On the ongoing vaccination drive, DIO Dr. Rupert highlighted on the updated number of beneficiaries vaccinated in the district. He highlighted that as on 9th June 2021, a total number of 40,322 beneficiaries received their 1st dose, which included HCWs – 2,813, FLWs – 11075, 18 – 44 years – 9,739, 45 years plus – 10,882 and 60 years plus – 5,813. He also informed the house that a total of 12,340 doses were available at the moment: for 45 plus – 4,920 doses and for 18-44 years – 7420 doses, while more number of 40,000 doses will be received for 18-44 years very soon and enough doses of vaccine for 45 plus is available. Dr. Rupert also informed that 200 slots will be opened every day for urban areas from Monday to Friday starting next week, where online will be opened for 3,000 slots on Sunday at 9:00 A.M and meantime outreach session in urban areas and blocks will continue with onsite registration.