Directorate of Economics & Statistics informs on COVID-19
In pursuance of the letter issued by the Office of Registrar General of India (ORGI), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to collect and certify the data on morality due to Covid-19 as per the 10th revision or the ICD code and the NHRC advisory for upholding the dignity and protecting the rights of the dead, the Directorate of Economics & Statistics has issued directives to all the District Economics & Statistics Officers and District Registrars of Birth & Death for compliance.
- All death occurring under your jurisdiction should be registered within 21 days of the stipulate time as laid down in the Registration of Births & Deaths Act 1969 and corresponding Nagaland Registration of Births & Deaths (Amendment) Rule 1999.
- The District Registrar should collect and maintain the district wise digital dataset of death eases, including Covid-19.
- All efforts should be made to ensure that all Institutional/Non- Institutional deaths are covered and reported to the local registrar of Births & Deaths in time for registration. The Institutional deaths are to be certified under Medical Certification of Causes of Death (MCCD) form “No.4 and Non-Institutional deaths in form No. 4A.
- To coordinate with the Deputy Commissioner who is the District Chief Registrar of Births & Deaths for executing the Act in both Government and Private Medical Institutions.
- To coordinate with the Medical Superintendent of District Hospital and other Medical Institutions In-Charge under your jurisdiction for certifying the death registration and collection of reports.
- To issue necessary direction in this regard to all the Registrars under your jurisdiction.
- To compile and report all death cases every month under your district to the undersigned on or before 10th of the following month as per the RBD Act 1969.