DoSE notifies on academic calendar 2021
Kohima, 29th Jan: In pursuance to Govt. Order No.DSE/Misc/1-138/2018 Dated, 21st January 2021, Principal Director, School Education, Shanavas C, IAS has informed all schools functioning within the State of Nagaland has been permitted to resume conduct of regular classes for students of classes 6 and above w.e.f. 8th February 2021 strictly following the SOP/Guidelines issued by the Govt. of Nagaland.
The Academic Calendar 2021 is appended herewith for strict compliance by all concerned.
|Month||Dates & Events|
|January||18 – 30 Admissions for all classes to be completed|
|February||1) 01 First VEC/WEC/SMC/SMDC meeting|
2) 02 DEO/SDEO meeting with Heads of Govt. Schools
3) 03 – 05 Parent –Teacher Association Meeting of respective schools
4) 08 Commencement of Regular classes for classes VI to X
|March||Promotion Examination for Class XI|
|April||1) 05 – 17 Submission of students’ enrolment & teachers’ particulars as on 01/04/2021 to DoSE/NBSE/SCERT/DEO/SDEO for classes Pre-KG to X|
2) Conduct of HSLC/HSSLC Examinations
3) Admissions for class XII
4) Commencement of Regular classes for class XII
|May||10 – 15 Submission of Class XII students’ enrolment & teachers’ particulars as on 01/05/2021 to DoSE/NBSE/SCERT/DEO/SDEO|
|June||1) 5 Observance of World Environment Day|
2) I Term Examination for classes I to VIII
3) Mid Term Examination for classes IX & X
4) 21 June – 03 July Summer Vacation for hilly region
|July||1) 19 – 31 Summer Vacation for hot region|
2) Admissions & Commencement of Regular classes for class XI
|August||1) District Level Science Seminar|
2) Second VEC/WEC/SMC/SMDC meeting
|September||1) 5 Teachers’ Day|
2) II Term Examination for classes I to VIII
3) Mid Term Examination for class XII
4) State Level Science Seminar
5) District Level Youth Parliament
|October||State Level Youth Parliament|
|November||1) 11 Observance of National Education Day|
2) 14 Observance of Children’s Day
3) Mid Term Examination for class XI
|December||1) 1 Observance of World Aids Day|
2) III Term Examination for classes I to IV and VI to VII
3) Primary / Elementary School Leaving Certificate Examinations
4) Final Examination for class IX
5) HSLC/HSSLC Coaching/Preparatory classes till 18th Dec.
6) Declaration of Academic Results for classes I to IX
7) Winter Vacation from 20 Dec.
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month shall be utilized for class tests/ co-curricular activities/life skills/social works etc.
- All General Holidays notified by the Govt. of Nagaland should compulsorily be observed as State / National holidays along with 3(three) local restricted holidays.
- Specific schedules for the conduct of examinations shall be notified by the concerned authorities empowered to conduct the examinations.
- Events of national importance notified by Govt. of India shall be observed by all schools functioning within the State of Nagaland.
Knowledge programme : Mind Wars
The Directorate of School Education has notified for the information of all concerned that M/s Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, Mumbai in association with the Department of School Education, Nagaland has developed a knowledge programme and learning platform called Mind Wars to provide a holistic testing platform to students of classes IV to XII where they can test themselves across School Curriculum, General Knowledge and Current Affairs free of cost. The programme can be played on a computer or a smartphone. The steps for registration of students are given below.
- Give a missed call on toll free number 1800-123-224488
- Install ZEE5 APP on mobile or visit https://mindwars.zee5.com
- Signup for ZEE5 using mobile number or email id
- Register student using email id or mobile number
- Select Play Mind Wars
- Choose category and practice answering questions.
In this regard, officials from M/s Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, Mumbai will be contacting School Heads of all Govt. and Private schools functioning within the State of Nagaland for the implementation of the Programme. Therefore, all concerned are hereby advised to extend all possible assistance to the officials of M/s Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd and encourage students to make best use of the programme.