Tening Sub-Division : Face Mask compulsory
Additional Deputy Commissioner Tening notifies
Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC), Rhosietho Nguori, NCS has issued an order that in view of the present situation to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in locality and community and in compliance with the directives of the Government, promulgated under Epidemic Disease Act, 1977 and the National Disaster Management Act 2005 the following is enforced in Tening Sub- Division with immediate effect:
- Wearing of Face Mask is compulsory in Tening Town, Nsong Town and in all public places in Tening Sub- Division.
- Spitting and use of alcohol and tobacco consumption/ use (smoking, chewing tobacco, spit tobacco, etc.) in public places is strictly prohibited.
- Strict social distancing to be observed in all public places, especially in town areas. No organisation/ commercial establishment/ shops/ private individual shall allow gathering of five or more persons.
- Any form gathering such as meeting, marriages, funerals and anniversary shall remain regulated by the District Administration. Any person/ organisation found organisation such gathering/ meeting involving five or more persons without prior permission from ADC office shall liable to penalty of fine or imprisonment or both.
- Any form of unauthorized travel inter-district, inter-state will remain banned till further notice.
According to the notification vide TNG/ DEV-9/ MED/ 2019 dated Tening 27th July, 2020 Sl. No. 1, 2 & 3 there will be a penalty of ₹100/- for first time offender/s, and ₹500/- repeat offender/s. For willful violation of any of the above offence, individual/ group/s will be tried under the abovementioned Acts and under Section 188, 269, 270 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The Action Committee was constituted for enforcement of the orders Akeng, Head DB, ADC office as convenor and representatives from police, GBs and youth were the members.