Nagaland enters second phase unlock of 7 days from tomorrow
The High Powered Committee on COVID-19 in its meeting held on 8th July 2021 reviewed the COVID-19 situation, and noted that while the seven days moving average of the positivity rate of COVID-19 in the State was showing a declining trend, it still continues to remain above 5%. It also observed that there has been a significant decline in the total number of active cases, number of hospitalization cases and number of persons requiring oxygen support across the State.
The High Powered Committee on COVID-19 viewed that there has been improvement in the overall COVID-19 situation as reflected by the various parameters, and further relaxations and re-opening of more activities need to be considered while continuing with the existing lock down measures as the positivity rate is still above 5%, and the requirement for consolidating the gains made so far due to the lockdown measures.
After taking the views of the Health & Family Welfare Department, and the Districts Task Forces, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 22 (2) (b) and Section 22 (2) (h) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, Chief Secretary, J. Alam, in the capacity of Chairperson, State Executive Committee, has directed for extension of the existing lock down measures for one more week up to 17thJuly 2021, with further relaxations and re-opening of activities as under:
- Shops/business establishments dealing with all kind of goods/items/articles will be permitted to open from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Takeaways, home delivery and other e-Commerce services will be permitted to open/operate on all days.
- Outdoor sports activities other than competitions will be permitted, subject to attendance of not more than 100 persons, and adherence of COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and all the applicable SOPs issued from time to time.
- Long distance trains will be allowed to stop at Dimapur railway station. However all the inbound passengers should be asymptomatic and shall be required to produce certificate of having completed their COVD-19 vaccination (both doses taken).
- Inter-district movement is allowed subject to the person(s) being asymptomatic and having completed their COVID-19 vaccination (both doses taken) and subject to adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviors.
- Bus service, intra and inter-district taxi service and pillion riding on two-wheeler shall continue to remain suspended.
- A separate SOP with regard to Para 3 and 4 will be issued by the Home Department.