Additional Lockdown relaxation and directives for Kohima and Dimapur
Additional relaxation made for Kohima district: DC Kohima
In pursuance to NSDMA-ER-COVID19-01/2020 (Part-Il). dated 09.06.2021 and in continuation to the office order of even number dated 13.05.2021, 21.05.2021 and 31.05.2021, the DC & Chairman DTF Kohima has issued following additional relaxations within Kohima District from 12th June to 18m June 2021 :
- The practice of ‘NO MASK-NO MOVEMENT’ and ‘NO MASK-NO ENTRY’ shall be strictly enforced in all public places by the Kohima District Task Force and law enforcing agencies.
- Permitted shops and business establishments shall be allowed to open between 06:00 AM to 02:00 PM ensuring all Covid appropriate behaviours of mandatory wearing of mask, practicing hand hygiene and maintaining physical distancing. Respective shop/ business establishments shall ensure that there is no over-crowding in the shops. Cashless mode of payment should be encouraged as far as possible.
- Shops/ business establishments selling vegetables, fish/meat, milk boots, bakeries, local grocery stores, animal feed shops located along the Highway which were earlier restricted vide Office Order Dated 13.05.2021 shall be allowed to open between 06:00 AM to 02:00 PM. However, Main market areas in BOC, High School Junction shall still remain closed.
- Hardware and Electrical shops, shops selling stationeries, mobile phones and computer accessories, garages for automobile repairing and shops selling vehicle spare parts shall be allowed to open on 12/06/2021, 14/06/2021, 17/06/2021 and 18/06/2021 between 06:00 AM to 02:00 PM.
- Restaurants/ eateries shall be allowed to operate take-away/ food delivery. However, proper queue system should be maintained for all customers to ensure physical distance in addition to mandatory wearing of mask and practicing hand hygiene. Groceries delivery and other e-commerce service providers are allowed to function. Contactless delivery should be ensured at all times along with maintaining Covid appropriate behaviour of mandatory wearing of Mask/Gloves, maintaining hand hygiene and physical distancing. Cashless mode of payment should be encouraged as far as possible.
- Regular religious services and gatherings shall continue to be suspended. However, prayer meetings and fellowships may be allowed in religious places with not more than 20 persons with strict adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.
- Administrative offices of Schools/ colleges with a core group of officer/ staff shall be permitted to attend to urgent and essential matters.
- Private business offices with a core group of officers/ staff shall be permitted to attend to urgent and essential matter with the prior permission of the Kohima District Task Force on Covid-19.
- New construction works shall be permitted after examination by the Kohima District Task Force on Covid-19 and fresh labourers shall be allowed as per provision under the Revised SOP for returnees and travellers issued vide No. NSDMA-ER-COVID19/368/2021/5274 Dated 29.04.2021.
- All applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpline Nos.6033833879/9362705742 may also be contacted for any assistance.
- Common Service Centres (CSCs) shall be permitted to open between 06:00 AM to 02:00 PM for IT support during COVID-19 vaccination while adhering to all Covid appropriate behaviours.
- Light Motor Vehicles including Taxis shall be allowed to ply within Kohima district on ODD-EVEN basis as per office order Dated 1 1.06.2021 issued by Office of the Deputy Commissioner Kohima. However, drivers of taxis need to produce negative Covid-19 report not earlier than 72 hours from the day of operation. Taxis desiring to resume operation shall report to the Team of Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Kohima through Mobile Nos. 9366221563/ 9862159833. The Team of RTO shall be responsible for strict enforcement of production of negative Reports by all Taxi Drivers before operation.
- Only 50% occupancy shall be allowed in all Light Motor Vehicles including Taxis to maintain physical distance. However, Taxis are not authorised to charge fares higher than those fixed by the RTA vide Order Dated 06.10.2020. Bus service, two-wheeler taxi service and pillion riding shall remain suspended.
- All other activities which are otherwise not permitted shall continue to be strictly restricted.
Any action (s) in contravention with the above stated shall deem to have committed an Offence punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
Odd – Even system for private vehicles imposed in Kohima district
In exercise of powers vested under Section 115 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, Deputy Commissioner and Chairman DTF Kohima, Gregory Thejawelie NCS has issued an order stating that movement of private vehicles will be allowed as per ‘Odd-Even’ system under the jurisdiction of Kohima Municipal Council, except on Sundays, as mentioned:
l. Odd numbered vehicles:-
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, only vehicles with registration number ending with odd numbers (Eg. I, 3, 7, 9 shall be allowed to ply)
2. Even Numbered vehicles:-
On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, only vehicles with registration number ending with even numbers (Eg. 2,4,6,8,0) shall be allowed to ply.
The order also stated that violation of the directive shall be liable to penalty under Section 177 & 179 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
The Order shall be implemented with immediate effect and remain enforced till 18th June 2021 for the strict compliance of all concerned.
Additional lockdown directives for Dimapur: DC Dimapur
In pursuance to the Order issued by Home Department dated 9th June 2021 and in continuation of his office order dated 12th May 2021, DC Dimapur, Rajesh Soundararajan, informed that the existing lockdown measures shall continue to remain in force in Dimapur till 18th June 2021 with the below mentioned additional directives with effect from 12th June 2021.
- The practise of ‘no mask- no movement’ and ‘no mask- no entry’ will be strictly enforced by all concerned.
- Hardware stores, shops selling agricultural tools/ equipment/materials, stationaries, mobile phones and computer accessories, tire repair shops, garages for automobile repairing and shops selling vehicles spare parts shall be allowed to open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 06:00AM to 12 noon. The necessary arrangements in this regard shall be done by administrator, DMC
- Regular religious services and catering shall continue to be suspended. However, prayer meetings and fellowships may be allowed in religious places with not more than 20 persons with strict adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour
- Administrative offices of schools/colleges with a core group of officers/staff shall be permitted to attend the urgent and essential matters.
- Private business offices with a core group of officers/ staff may be permitted to attend to urgent and essential matters with the prior permission of the District Task Force Dimapur.
- New construction works may be permitted after examination by the DTF and fresh labourers shall be allowed as per provisions under the Revised SOP for returnees and travellers issued vide NO.NSTMEA-ER-COVID19/368/2021/5274 dated 29/04/2021
- Common Service Centres in the District shall be permitted to open for IT support during COVID-19 vaccination
- Light Motor Vehicle including taxi, auto rickshaws etc shall be allowed to ply on existing odd-even bases with strict adherence to relevant SOPs. Drivers of the taxi, auto rickshaw shall need to get negative COVID-19 text report for resumption of services. Bus service, two wheeler taxi service and pillion riding shall remain suspended.
Any person violating the order shall be penalized as per the provision of the Section 51-60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005 besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, DC further stated.