Nagaland COVID-19 Updates : 18 June 2021
Nagaland’s COVID-19 confirmed cases increased to 24,097 as 56 new infections were detected today.
State Health Department said 14 new cases were detected from Mokokchung, 12 in Kohima, 10 Dimapur, 8 Peren, 4 Mon, 3 each in Phek & Tuensang and one each in Wokha and Zunheboto. A total of 362 positive patients recovered, which include Dimapur 234, Kohima 45, Wokha 29, Mon 19, Mokokchung 17, Kiphire, Longleng & Phek 5 each and Peren, Tuensang and Zunheboto – 1 each. With this the total number of recovered cases has mounted to 20,887 improving the recovery rate to 86.67 percent. A positive patient’s demise has increased the casualties to 453.
DC Dimapur informs on addition provisions of the lockdown
Deputy Commissioner Dimapur, Rajesh Soundararajan, IAS has informed that the existing lockdown measures with the additional provisions as given hereunder shall continue to remain in force in Dimapur District from 19th June, 2021 to 30thJune, 2021.
- All activities and movement of persons/individuals shall remain suspended during the lockdown period except the following permitted activities:
- Movement of vehicles carrying essential commodities/ food items and medical supplies including oxygen/oxygen cylinders and other medical equipments, four lane and railway construction works
- All healthcare facilities, movement of healthcare workers including those who arc animal healthcare, COVID 19 vaccination and testing and medical emergencies. Pharmacies, Clinics, Hospitals, Nursing Homes shall be open 24×7.
- All officers and staffs working in District Administration. Police, security forces. District Court Fire & Emergency Services, Medical, Postal, NIC, NSDMA, Home Guards and Civil Defence, SDRF, Power, PHE, Food & Civil Supplies, Treasury & Accounts, Taxes, Banks/ATMs, IPR, AIR and Doordarshan, Social Welfare Department including Functioning of Sakhi One Stop Centre, Women Helpline, Child Protection services, Anganwadi services, LPG services including their delivery, distribution and transportation, Private water tanker/ carriers, Prison and related services, Courier Services, Dimapur Municipal Council, Chumukedima/ Medziphema/ Niuland Town Council, Food Corporation of India Ltd. Power Grid Corporation of India limited.
- Wholesale shops dealing only with essential commodities, vegetable, fish/meat vendors, milk booths, bakeries, local grocery stores, electronic and print media, telecom/ internet service providers, all shops selling essential commodities, animal feed shops in all locations shall be allowed lo open on all days from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. except on Sundays.
- Hardware stores, Shops selling Agricultural tools/ equipments/ Materials, Stationeries, Mobile phones/repairing, computer accessories, tyre repair shops, Garages for automobile repairing and shops selling vehicles spare parts, Electrical stores, Electronics/ repairing and steel fabrications units shall be allowed to open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Supermarket/Footpath vendors shall remain closed. Such vendors shall sell their products in their respective colonies/villages.
- Agriculture and Allied activities and ongoing construction works will be allowed, subject to the contractor/owner ensuring adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviors. New construction works may be permitted with fresh labourers after examination by DTF, subject to compliance to revised SOP for returnees and travelers.
- Petrol pumps shall remain open, while ensuring there is no crowding.
- Dimapur Airport shall remain open and movement of staffs and passengers (with proof of ticket) will be permitted subject to adherence of COVID-19 appropriate behaviors.
- Hotels for lodging shall be allowed to remain open with minimum staff. COVID-19 negative test shall be mandatory for lodging in any hotel/guest house, etc. Further, restaurants shall remain closed for in-housc dining. They may however cater through take away/ home delivery services.
- Food delivery, groceries delivery and other e- commerce service providers are allowed.
- Funeral services and solemnization of weddings limited to not more than 20 persons. Regular religious services and gathering shall continue to be suspended. However, prayer meetings and fellowships may be allowed in religious places with not more than 20 persons with strict adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviors.
- Administrative offices of school/colleges, private business offices with a core group of staff shall be permitted to attend to urgent and essential matters with prior permission of the DTF Dimapur.
- Common Service Centres (CSC) in the districts shall he permitted to open for 11 Support during COVID-19 vaccination
- Light Motor Vehicles (LMVs) including taxis, auto rickshaws, etc shall he allowed to ply on existing ODD EVEN basis with strict adherence to relevant SOP/ restrictions on the number of passengers etc.
- All places of mass gathering shall he closed and all social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations shall remain prohibited.
Every traveler/returnee shall be required to produce a Negative COVID-19 test Report (RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT not earlier than 72 hours) or COVID-19 Vaccination Completion Certificate (both the doses should have been taken) at the Point of Entry (PoE). Movement of Interstate Passengers shall be allowed as per provisions of the revised SOP for returnees and travelers entering Nagaland.
Strict checking shall be done at the Points of Entry and all non-essential movement shall not be permitted into Dimapur District.
There shall be total ban on the movements of individuals/ vehicles from 4:00 PM to 5:00 AM everyday across Dimapur District except for medical or other emergencies and for those who are exempted/ permitted to move as per the existing lockdown measures.
Any person violating this order shall be penalized as per the provision of the Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005 besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC.